- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (University of Stellenbosch, South Africa)
- Post Graduate Musculoskeletal Management, University of Otago
- Extensive evidence-based courses in the treatment and management of Hypermobility/EDS (Ehler Danlos Syndrome) and persistent pain
- 15 years’ experience working with Clinical Pilates in New Zealand
- Physiotherapy mentor and supervisor
- Certified GLA:D practitioner (Osteo-arthritis Rehabilitation
Colleen is a senior physiotherapist with extensive experience in the musculoskeletal and rehabilitation fields. Her focus is on supporting and working with you on your rehabilitation journey and takes a holistic approach to find the cause of your problems and work with you to create a plan of action.
She will give you the tools to rebuild resilience in your body and help you to move with confidence. Her aim is to put you back in control.
Treatments include hands-on manual therapy as well as exercise rehabilitation, often supplemented with her experience in Pilates. Colleen is a keen educator and believes that understanding your ailments increases your ability to control and self-manage your symptoms. Along with educating patients, Colleen has worked extensively as a mentor with trainee and junior physiotherapists.
Colleen is a firm believer in the role regular exercise plays in general health and wellbeing. A highlight in her own wellbeing journey was completing the New York City Marathon. She feels that during your rehab journey you need to feel listened to and supported, whether your goal is running a marathon or being able to walk around the block.
Get in touch with us to book an appointment with Colleen